Sunday, May 27, 2012

Baby Step #2 plus a laundry tip!

I have been dutifully shining my sink for a couple of weeks, though I haven't had much time to blog about it.  Today, I moved on to baby step #2: Get Dressed!

By getting dressed, I mean fully dressed with my hair fixed and my shoes on. Since giving birth, 7 weeks and 2 days ago, I've been living in pajama pants, tank tops, and-if I have company-my fuzzy bathrobe.  Well, no more!  I am now dressed-a turquoise v-neck tee, jeans, and sandals.  I even put on earrings.

And I. Feel. Good.

I feel more ready for the day, I'm gonna carpe ever diem from now on. I will probably dress T2 and M, too.  I think this will be my favorite baby step, though it will increase my laundry.

And now, a tip for laundry.
(When I tell you this, you will be so mad you didn't think of it first. If it's any consolation, I didn't think of this so I am equally mad.

How does your linen closet look?  Be honest.  Our linens are a mess.  Since we moved, we no longer have a dedicated linen closet. The boys' sheets are on the shelf at the top of their closet, the girls' in theirs.  The baby's and ours are in my walk in.  The kids' sets are always getting separated and there is nothing that makes me want to cloth myself in sackcloth and rub my face with ashes than the wrong pillowcases.  It almost makes me  physically ill and sends me into screaming tirades (hey-I never said I was the perfect mother!).

So last night, I found the greatest linen closet tip ever: put your sheet sets inside of one of the pillowcases.
Clever ideas: store bedlinen sets inside their pillowcases
Don't be silly-that's not my linen closet!  
Aren't you kicking yourself for not doing this all along?  Anyways, I put all the sheet sets together and the top shelves of my closets look amazing! No more tottering piles of stuff leaning precariously over our heads.  I'll have to admit, mine don't look nearly as good as the ones in the pic, but they are definitely 1000% better.

Do you have a bed linen storage tip to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment